Founded on the sands of Palm Beach in 1896, our resort’s story has been one of strong roots ever since—holding true to our values while evolving in a changing world.
A Brief History
In the late 1890s, just before the turn of the century, industry tycoons and elegant socialites began flocking to the pristine shores of a new destination—a long strip of an island called Palm Beach.
It was our founder Henry M. Flagler, one of America’s great industrialists, who started the trend of grand, gorgeous properties on the island. His first was The Royal Poinciana, a six-story Georgian beauty. Two years later, Flagler debuted his premier oceanfront hotel, which delighted guests with its proximity to the water and unique location—right at “the breakers,” where the waves crashed and sprayed.
After fires in both 1903 and 1925, the hotel reemerged more opulent each time. The second reconstruction of The Breakers was awarded to New York City-based designers Shultze and Weaver, the same minds who would later create many of Manhattan’s most coveted hotels: the Pierre, the Sherry-Netherland and Park Avenue’s Waldorf Astoria. Described by the duo as “the acme of perfection in design and magnificence,” The Breakers reopened in 1926, ushering in a higher degree of European influence and architectural flair. Flagler’s newest iteration was modeled after the magnificent Villa Medici in Rome—an ambitious effort that called for 75 artisans brought in from Italy. Together they completed the intricate paintings, detailed across the ceilings of the 200-foot-long main lobby and first-floor public rooms, which remain on display today. It was a grand gesture that placed The Breakers in a class all its own.
Year by year, the resort’s reputation grew and word spread, beckoning the glitterati to vacation in Palm Beach year-round. At any given time, the guest register read like a “who’s who” of early 20th-century America: Rockefellers, Vanderbilts, Astors, Andrew Carnegie and J.P. Morgan, vacationing alongside US presidents and European nobility.
Today, the story of The Breakers continues, holding fast to the ideals that put it on the map—unapologetic luxury, seaside glamour and world-class service—but also embracing the new. In our modern world that is more interconnected than ever before, we’re fully committed to our employees, our environment and the enduring mission of our organization.
A piece of paradise. Comfortable, cozy and quintessentially Palm Beach—you could get used to this.
At The Breakers, every guest room and suite features:
• Custom furnishings
• Luxury linens and duvets
• Plush bathrobes and slippers
• Private-label toiletries
• Hair dryer
• Flatscreen TV
• In-room movies
• Complimentary high-speed WiFi
• Electronic safe
• Mini bar
• Local calls
• Complimentary newspaper (upon request)
In addition, all resort guests can enjoy:
• Beach Club with private oceanfront, four pools and 25 daytime bungalows
• 6,000-square-foot, indoor-outdoor Ocean Fitness center
• An array of complimentary fitness classes each week
• Indoor-outdoor spa with private courtyard for relaxation
• Nine distinctive restaurants
• Family Entertainment Center featuring 6,100 square feet of indoor play space, including a toddlers’ room, arcade and video lounge, as well as an outdoor playground and basketball court
• Camp Breakers day and night sessions for kids
• Two championship golf courses
• 10 lighted Har-tru tennis courts
• Golf and tennis clinics and instruction
• Distinctive shopping at 12 on-property boutiques
Beyond these features and amenities, our resort is teeming with more activities for guests of all ages.
The Ocean Course at The Breakers
Discover acre upon acre of lush green: Florida’s oldest 18-hole course, nurtured by The Breakers for more than a century. With winding fairways that weave between sandy hazards and six lakes, our elusive Ocean Course rewards wit over power, challenging its golfers to play the ball especially low and controlled.
First laid out in 1896 by Alexander H. Findlay, the Ocean Course has fascinated the most avid golfers for over a century. In 2000, it was redesigned by Brian Silva, a visionary named “Architect of the Year” by Golf World. Fusing art and science, Silva preserved the course’s unique attributes while introducing technology to modernize it for the 21st-century golfer. Now, it beckons talent from near and far, testing golfers with its complex terrain—and charming them with manicured landscapes and an occasional glimpse of the Atlantic.
The Breakers Rees Jones® Course
A mere 10 miles from the resort lies The Breakers Rees Jones Course, a stunning expanse of green dotted with blue ponds. It’s a modern complement to our traditional Ocean Course, pursued by seasoned players and beginners alike.
Originally built in 1968, the course was reconstructed in 2004 as one of the premier golf experiences in the southeast United States, reflecting the signature style of eminent course architect Rees Jones.
This contemporary course caters to every level of golfer and provides multiple options, thanks to its large fairways, challenging water carries, varied pin positions and five sets of tees. Please note: for your convenience, complimentary shuttle service is provided from the resort to The Breakers Rees Jones Course.
Serenity now. Tranquility has a new standard: our utterly exquisite indoor-outdoor spa.
• Luxe treatments by OSEA, sourced from the sea
• Holistic treatments from Tammy Fender
• Innovative Skincare from Guerlain
• Tailored massages and holistic body work
• Expert nail care, featuring organic skincare by OSEA
• Glamorous finishing touches, from hair care to cosmetics
• HMF – Raise your glass—our revival of old-world cocktail culture is the toast of Palm Beach
• Flagler Steakhouse – We took the quintessential chophouse and elevated it to new, discerning heights
• Seafood Bar – A sophisticated destination for fresh catches and creative cocktails
• Echo – The life exotic: pan-Asian plates and inventive cocktails in Palm Beach proper
• The Italian Restaurant – Authentic Italian fare in a tucked-away setting—ideal for families
• The Circle – Start your day with an elegant breakfast in the crown jewel of The Breakers
• The Beach Club Restaurant – Sit and stay awhile at this chic daytime spot, overlooking the pools and ocean just beyond
• Ocean House – Quaint, cozy and every inch a breezy beach house—perfect for poolside lunch and drinks
• The Surf Break – Shore-inspired cocktails, refreshments and light bites, perched between two of our pools
• In-Room Dining – A taste of The Breakers’ very best cuisine, delivered right to your door
• Sunday Brunch – Our grand finale to each and every week: an extravagant buffet of sweet and savory specialties
We encourage you to make your room reservations early to ensure you receive PACB’s block room rate. To make your reservations, please visit PACB’s Annual Convention room reservations page and reserve before August 19, 2018.
$240.00 – plus tax and fees, per room, per night
If you have any questions, contact PACB at (717) 231-7447 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.