Director of Marketing, Public Relations and Membership
The Director of Marketing, Public Relations and Membership serves as brand ambassador to drive interest and engagement in the Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers (PACB), the premier organization advocating exclusively for community banks, their employees, and customers in Pennsylvania, to ensure these institutions remain independent, profitable, relevant, and strong. PACB delivers a host of products and services, as well as educational, legislative advocacy, and peer networking opportunities, to make a positive impact on community bank employees and the customers they serve.
The Director of Marketing, Public Relations and Membership will broaden awareness of how community banks across Pennsylvania bolster their communities and ensure they are great places to live, work, and raise families, and help to explain how good public policy promotes and protects the ability of community banks and their employees to thrive.
This leadership position is responsible for developing, integrating, and implementing PACB’s marketing and communication strategy and for directly managing the association’s activities to promote, enhance, and protect PACB’s brand. Working directly with the President and CEO, and a small, highly-dedicated association staff, the Director of Marketing, Public Relations and Membership leads the association’s marketing activities to drive revenue as well as develops an array of print and digital publications, including newsletters, reports, conference and convention promotional materials, video content, and all forms of social media.
The Director of Marketing, Public Relations and Membership creates and distributes materials that explain the association’s policy priorities, and works to increase visibility to a broad range of stakeholders, audiences and users.
A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or a related discipline is required. A master’s degree is a plus. The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of expertise in the marketing of programs, products and services. This is a people-person position and requires an individual who has worked at least three years in an association, non-profit, or marketing and communications agency who must be able to leverage marketing campaign analytics across a variety of media and campaign formats to achieve PACB’s goals while handling a broad range of priorities. Exceptional written and verbal skills are needed to collaborate with and maintain support from colleagues, board members, and other influential stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Strategic Marketing and Communications
- Develop and implement PACB’s integrated strategic marketing/communications plan to raise visibility of PACB priorities, and broaden awareness and attractiveness of its programs, products, and services across relevant audiences.
- Create and implement PACB’s marketing calendar and ensure PACB’s catalogue of publications, professional development programming, and promotional materials are engaging, relevant, and useful to members.
- Lead the framing and positioning of PACB policy initiatives and issue briefs working collaboratively with PACB staff.
- Develop project-specific campaign goals, target markets and audiences, creative assets, and performance evaluation, while working collaboratively with PACB staff.
- Identify, monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of marketing and communications activities and leverage metrics to develop strategies and tactics to increase engagement.
- Manage communications consultants supporting the marketing/communications strategy.
- Develop and execute a strategic and integrated social media strategy to ensure key messages reach relevant audiences and are delivered through the appropriate communications channel.
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan, create, and distribute content across various communication channels promoting PACB priorities, events, products, and services.
Revenue Generation and Budget Management
- Work to establish and meet or exceed annual revenue targets and expand advertising opportunities, sponsored content, and new advertising-supported products or publications.
- Oversee efforts to increase revenue from conferences, professional development programming, and conventions.
- Create operating plans and manage budgets in support of the work.
- Develop professional relations with state, national and trade reporters.
- Prepare the President and CEO or other staff to respond to media inquiries, or serve as spokesperson for the association when appropriate.
- Appropriately frame issues with reporters to best position the association.
- Write press releases, op-eds, letters to the editor and pitch stories to reporters and editors on behalf of the association and its members.
- Track articles mentioning PACB in news articles and across social media platforms.
Member Engagement and Retention
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date membership and prospective member database.
- Engage industry partners and current members while actively promoting the association and maintaining and growing membership.
- Identify and cultivate future committee members and association volunteer leaders.
- Actively seek ways to strengthen of the association and to provide member services by engaging industry affiliates and service providers.
- Generate current list of prospective members and provide membership information to prospective members through phone calls, prospect packets and follow up letters.
- Cultivate on-boarding and retention plan for membership.
- Lead the selection and promotion of the PACB IMPACT Awards honoring member banks for philanthropy and service to communities.
Bachelors’ degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related discipline. A master’s degree is a plus.
Five or more years of experience and demonstrable success as a strategic marketing and communications professional, with expertise in print and digital, internal and external communications, crisis communications, and marketing campaigns.
Experience developing and executing policies, complex communication and marketing plans, strategic business plans, and strategic organizational initiatives.
Ability to leverage marketing campaign analytics across a variety of media (website, emails, direct mail, print advertising, and social media) and campaign formats (AB testing, conversion rate analysis etc.) to assess campaign performance, deliver against campaign goals, and implement strategic adjustments to improve future campaigns.
Success strategically optimizing social media campaigns, websites, and digital publishing products, as well as identifying best-fit digital marketing tools.
Exceptional writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both one-on-one and with groups, to gain support from colleagues, board members, and other influential stakeholders.
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe tools, and other platforms commonly used among communication and marketing teams. Proficiency using association data management software, especially Weblink, Atlas or MemberClicks is a plus.
Ability to manage projects with multiple competing priorities, shifting needs, and various stakeholder expectations and ability to build alliances and consensus among those with divergent approaches.
Public relations experience and experience working in collaboration with an advocacy or lobbying team on joint messaging is a plus.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Jobs@pacb.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer