MOUNT CARMEL, PA (January 24, 2017) — UNB Bank, one of the oldest financial institutions in East Central Pennsylvania, just celebrated their 110th anniversary. UNB Bank, previously known as The Union National Bank of Mount Carmel prior to converting to a State Bank Charter in late 2012, has been locally owned and operated since 1906.
Originally located at 18 South Oak Street in downtown Mount Carmel, The Union National Bank of Mount Carmel was founded by Thomas M. Righter and eleven other local businessmen and entrepreneurs in late 1906. In 1916 the Bank moved its headquarters to the current location at the corner of Oak and Third Streets.
UNB has persevered through many changes over the years including the Great Depression, World War II and a devastating fire in 1993. In 1994, the Bank began re-construction. The Bank remained open at a temporary location until re-opening in the Fall of 1994. During this time the customer base continued to grow. To accommodate its customers UNB Bank expanded its operations by opening a branch office in Numidia in 1995.
UNB Bank developed and finalized a complete company re-branding campaign. In 2015 the re-brand introduced customers to a new contemporary logo to attract a new generation of customers while staying true to the Banks hometown friendly feel which customers have known throughout the years.
“Through our 110 years, UNB Bank remains a banking institution that maintains our commitment to customer oriented banking and pride for our community,” said William J. Kuzo, UNB Bank President and CEO. UNB Bank has been serving the needs of customers in Northumberland, Columbia and surrounding counties for over 100 years. UNB is a full service Community Bank offering a wide array of lending and deposit products, with offices in Mount Carmel and Numidia.